Sunday, October 12, 2014

Self image


Our objective was to draw an image of what we want ourselves to be,what represents us and i remembered a drawing i had done awhile ago, one which i created after a long period of not drawing.
As someone who is obsessed with fantasy i find myself drawn towards the warrior like characters, specially those like Xena who's strength is obvious. Weapons have also held a fascination for me, specially the Sia's, because even though they are defensive weapons, it requires great strength and one on one encounters to wield them.The flaming red hair and tan skin is also symbolic in terms of personal preference;i have always loved red color, and tan because i am from Sri lanka, and running around on the beach with my friends, always yearning for a tan is something that is so nostalgic.
The built physique is what i am hoping to achieve. It represents a personal struggle and a goal i am to reach.
The green eyes is once again symbolic on a personal level, and means something very special to me.
Her expression and posture all speak of defense, a preparatory stance for the unexpected and sheer strength, someone you would not dare to go up against.
All in all, it may be my inner gamer and fantasy lover that has created this medieval warrior, as a collection of all that fascinates me, but it most certainly possesses pieces of me one way or another.

1 comment:

  1. That is all good, but I want you to check your deviantart xD

    Lol now I am spamming you

    ReplyDelete